Tarra & Bella

Tarra is a large, majestic, gray elephant, recently rescued and living the rest of her life at The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee.  Bella is a little, white dog, also rescued and living at The Elephant Sanctuary.  Two animals who you would never suspect to live peacefully together,  and yet, they are best friends.

Stories like Tarra and Bella's remind me why I went vegan in 2008 - because animals of all shapes, sizes, and species are intelligent, loving beings who are not here on this Earth for our wants and needs. They have just as much will and desire to live - and love each other - as you or I. And their lives are just as precious.

Maybe you don't agree fully with my feelings towards animals. If that's the case, then please watch Tarra and Bella's story below and see if it doesn't change your mind. Whatever your stance on animals, I'm sure you will be as touched and moved by their unique relationship as I am.




If you aren't vegan, why not try eating vegan for the rest of the day today in honor of Tarra and Bella?

To learn more about Tarra and Bella's story, click here. Thanks to Robyn Lazara for sharing this beautiful story with me today, as well as Steve Hartman for having the courage to cover this on CBS last year.

Share on :
Tarra & Bella
Tarra & Bella
Reviewed by citra
Published :
Rating : 4.5